Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:

Poll

Rama - Ravana Tale What Do you Think?

It is a Myth
I beleive its Actual History
Its Just a Story called Ramayanaya written by Valmiki
I Don't Care
I am interested in learning more

Author Topic: Ravana, Fact or Myth?  (Read 2507 times)

Dinesh Deckker

• View Profile
Ravana, Fact or Myth?
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:33:13 AM »

There are many places in Sri Lanka associated with the Indian epic poem Ramayana.
The Ramayana was written in Sanskrit about 2000 years before the commencement of dynastic history of Sri Lanka which is calculated with the coming of Vijaya in 544 BC. It tells us of places far back in history in pre- Vijayan times.The legend of Rama and Sita, the much loved Indian Princess and her abduction by Ravana, the Rakshasa king of Lanka, is well known. When Ravana abducted Sita it led to a war, which somewhat resembled the Trojan-Greek war.

It is said that in this pre-Vijayan period King Ravana ruled over the indigenous people of Sri Lanka, the Naga and Yakshas.It is also noteworthy that 200 million years ago, geologically Sri Lanka was linked with India, Madagascar, Australia and Antarctica, in a land mass known as Gondwana.The earth's surface before seismic earthquakes, ocean currents, winds and drifts changed the land forms into different countries, was one land mass. During the geological changes, sections of the land mass were propelled in different directions and formed continents and countries. South India drifted northward and the Himalayan mountains emerged from the sea with the gigantic up thrust. Sri Lanka separated into a land mass known as Lanka Dvipa (Island of Lanka), and part of the land submerged into the sea. According to the Ramayana epic this took place because of the misdeeds of Ravana, but this seismic happening is confirmed by modern science.

Download the Attachment to Read More..

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14